28 March 2008

My friend the soldier

I heard from Chris today. He is a Marine on his 3rd tour in Iraq. He is doing well, and I very much hope he comes home soon! He was a great friend in High school, but since he enlisted I haven't seen him very much, we try to hang out when he gets back home about once a year. He was out on his first tour when I got married (I wore a yellow ribbon for him that day). and went on his second tour not long after that. Now he has been there for a month... He is a dad, and husband, a son, a brother, and a friend to a lot of people. I dont watch the news when he is gone. I haven't since the first time he went out. I miss him being stationed around the country, but at least I know in California he is safe. But not now, not until he gets home. I can't even imagine how his wife and kids feel. I wish I could hug them all....

I know these guys are doing this for their country and I give the men and woman much credit to do what they do. But as for the gov. send bush and mr. "so?" out there for a year or two and see how they like it. Is there really a reason to all of this anymore? Bring our boys home - and before they come home in body bags. (another soldier in the army died from MN today, he was only 21.... what life was that? 21 and gone.......). I hate this freakin war.... is it really worth fighting for?

bring our guys home...

No comments: