02 November 2007

Today is the day

So today is the day and I am starting my blog.
a little about myself? I'm 26 and new to kitting, well at least in the last year anyhow. I grew up in the twin cities (MN), normal family, pretty normal life. I went to high school in New Richmond WI (scary little town), but I did meet some of my best friends there! (AWSOME PEOPLE!)

it was in NR that I got my start in printing, have been pretty much doing it since, I've done magazines, balloons, and now.... digital! I run a digital printing/ lighting company with my dad and my husband. OH! yeah the husband - Adam. we met at the Art Institutes International MN, he's a animator (he'll have a site up soon) and I went for web design, yeah i know but ink is in my blood and I'll never totally give it up! Coding is like knitting lines of code in different designs!

We have 2 kids, Joe is almost 11 (yeah he's my "step" son, but I AM MOM!), and my little Lili, she's 2! Joe is learning to knit now, and really loves it, and Lili is my yarn baby. I started when she was small enough to lay on my legs and play with the ball of yarn while I knitted! I can't bring her to a yarn store without her getting excited. I admit she has picked out most of my yarn and she has a pretty good eye!

My family is the most important thing to me, and I love to create things for them. I try to keep as much music and art in our lives as possible. (Joe just started the trumpet - he's 3rd generation now).

Anyhow enough about me. I figured I'd use this space to show off my pieces, get some feed back and have some fun!
OH! I did just get my first pair of sock done last month (still proud) and I'm wearing them today!!!!!



Anyhow, I'll get a list of things I'm working on and things I've done and all the fun that goes with that!

CHEERS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool socks Kati! You are a knitting prodigy!

Dharmafey said...

Love them!!