07 October 2008

For Amanda

Lets see if I can explain this right. I can see that I didn't take enough images, but we'll see what you can get from this!

Cast on the amount of stitches you need
Distribute the stitches on the DPNs.
Before joining make sure that you have all the "bumps" down, (making sure that you dont twist)

With the working yarn on the right needle, start your dpn knitting on the left needle as you would normaly knit or purl, the first round is sometimes a pain in the butt!

Be sure to keep an eye on your tension so to close the gap in the needles. so, once that is done, knit knit knit, knitting in the round lets you not have to purl to get the stockinette stitch. Try a simple roll brim baby hat or a hat for yourself, play around with different stitches. Dont give up trying, it didn't work for me the first or even second time, but now, it's my fav thing to do!

There  are a ton of tutorials on youTube, check them out, there are some really great ones out there, dont be afraid to ask questions on RAVELRY! 

hope this at least gets you started!
take care,
me

No comments: